Rock Chip Repair
Mobile Windshield Repair Services in Chicago
When a rock or other debris hits a windshield and causes damage on the outermost layer of glass. The windshield could still be replaced. A windshield repair can be done to stop the damage from growing, to restore a smooth surface to eliminate interference with the visual distortion of the damaged area.
Ventus Auto Mobile Repair Service
If your windshield receives minor damage when coming in contact with a foreign object or road debris and the damage is smaller than an inch (the size of a quarter). We may be able to repair the damaged area rather than replacing your entire windshield. A technician will use a 10 to 15 minute process that involves drilling into the damaged windshield, injecting a clear adhesive into the area and then curing it with an ultraviolet light.
Types of Windshield Damage that can be repaired by Ventus Auto Glass Mobile Service
- Bullseye Windshield Repair
- A bullseye occurs when a rock or debris smashes against the windshield and leaves a circle with an impact point in the middle.
- Star Chip Windshield Repair
- A star chip closely resembles a star with cracks extending in all directions.
- Combination Chip Windshield Repair
- A combination rock chip exhibits bullseye and star chip attributes. This type of rock chip has a bullseye with short and long cracks extending from the damage.
- Windshield Crack Repair
- Some cracks can be repaired up to six inches long.
Mon – Fri: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturdays: 8:00am to 2:00pm
For your convenience we accept all mayor credit cards and Cash